Code of Conduct
By participating in any programs offer by Canadian Canine College, you agree to abide by principles outlined in the following document. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in dismissal from any activity without a refund.
At Canadian Canine College (CCC) we are committed to promoting positive reinforcement dog training methods that prioritize the well-being of dogs and their owners. Our goal is to create a safe and supportive learning environment where both dogs and humans can thrive. To achieve this, all students are expected to adhere to the following code of conduct:
1. Respect for Dogs: We believe in treating all dogs with patience, and respect. While you are a guest on the CCC campus, you agree to never use physical punishment, intimidation, or harsh corrections on any dog. You agree to embrace and apply positive reinforcement techniques when training dogs avoiding the use of aversive training methods, such as shock collars, choke chains, or prong collars.
2. Cleanliness and Safety: You agree to maintain a clean and safe training environment for all. Pick up after your dog and dispose of waste properly. Keep dogs on leash unless instructed otherwise by the instructor.
3. Respect for Instructors and Fellow Students: Listen to and follow instructions provided by the instructors. Show respect and patience toward fellow students and their dogs.
4. Communication: Communicate openly and honestly about your dog’s progress, challenges, and any concerns you may have. Seek guidance and clarification when needed.
Safety & Health
1. On Leash, All The Time: Dogs must be on leash at all times, unless otherwise instructed.
2. Four Feet for Safety: Please keep a 4’ distance between your dog and others at all times.
3. Current Vaccinations: All puppies must have had their first set of vaccines prior to the start of class. Dogs need to be current on their vaccines to participate, including bordetella.
4. Sick Dogs: Please keep your dog home if they are unwell.
In consideration of the Canadian Canine College, Alfresco Kennels Ltd. and its members, I/we hereby release and forever discharge the Canadian Canine College, Alfresco Kennels Ltd. and its members from any and all actions, causes of action, claims and demands for damages, loss or injury, howsoever arising, which may have been or may be sustained by me/us in consequence of participating in anything relating to the programs, including all damages, loss and injury not now known or anticipated, but which may arise in the future and all effects and consequences thereof.
Thank you for your commitment to positive reinforcement dog training and creating a safe, respectful, and nurturing environment for our furry friends and fellow students.